Florence, Milan, Rome and Siena
One of the free services offered by our schools is finding suitable accommodation for our students. Accommodation is regularly checked by our schools. You can choose from one of the following possibilities:
- Single or double room in a family with breakfast;
- Single or double room in a family with half board (breakfast and dinner);
- Single or double room in shared apartments, bathroom and kitchen shared with other students or with the landlord/landlady;
- Single or double room in extra comfort shared apartments, bathroom and kitchen shared with other students;
- Hotels of all categories;
- Private apartments (independent flats);
Room-sharing with another student
We recommend to book a ‘place in a double room’ only for young people (max. 30 years). According to our experience, mature people normally do not feel at ease in a double room as they may have to share it with very young people who have different habits and attitudes.
We offer you the possibility to come together with your friend and take a double room, provided by our school, even if the accompanying person does not take a language course.
Housing reservations run from the Sunday afternoon (after 2:00 pm) before the beginning of the course to the Saturday morning (10:00 am) at the end of the course. If you need to arrive a day earlier or to stay a day longer, please contact the school for help with extra accommodation arrangements. Different arrival or departure days must be confirmed in writing. However, it is not possible to arrive earlier than the Saturday before the start of the course and to remain later than the Sunday after the end of the course.
Arrival date and time / Emergency
We need to be informed at least 4 days in advance of your's arrival day and time. Therefore, upon receiving the accommodation address, you have to contact the landlord (by telephone) or the school (by telephone, fax or e-mail) to communicate the date and time of arrival in order to make the waiting time for both parts as short as possible. If there is no communication, you will be expected to arrive in the evening, after 6:00 pm.
Booking and Payment
To make reservations for accommodation, we need your credit card number as guarantee deposit. Accommodation fees must be paid immediately upon arrival in Italy. Payments should be made in cash or with Traveller's Checks and in full (not by instalments) for each month or for shorter terms.
Location / Key
Our accommodations are located in the city centers as well as in the suburbs. In any case you can easily reach the school and the center of the cities by public transport. To get from the suburbs to the center takes 15 - 25 minutes by public transport (Milan and Rome up to 50 minutes). If you have been placed in the town center it takes about 15 minutes on foot to reach the school. You are given your own key and are independent.
Deposit for shared apartments
You must pay a deposit of 100 Euro to get the keys for your accommodation in shared apartments. This deposit must be paid in cash or by Traveller’s Cheque on arrival and will be refunded on departure, less repairs and cleaning costs if needed.
Bed-linens / towels / laundry
Host-family: Bed-linens are provided and changed every two weeks.
Shared Apartments: Bed-linens are provided and changed every two weeks or, in alternative, upon arrival each student will be given a set of bed-linens and two sets if they stay longer. In this case students are required to wash bed-linens themselves.
About washing and washingmachine: in host-family the use of the washingmachine is not forseen, also if it's possible to have a different agreement with the owners. In shared apartments you can wash by hands, or use one of the many wash & dry that are near the apartments.
Photocopy of passport
Following the events of September 11, 2001, Italian authorities have intensified checks on foreigners. The result is an unfortunate increase in paperwork. All landlords in Italy must declare the presence of tenants and thus need a photocopy of passports of all new tenants. We suggest to bring with you a photocopy of your passport.
Garages and paid parking spaces are easy to find in the city centers as well as in the suburbs. There are cheaper weekly and monthly season tickets available. You can also ask your landlords for the closest garage or parking area to the accommodation. Should you park the car on the street, you should consult the street signs or ask the landlord on which night the weekly street cleaning ("pulizia della strada") takes place in the area. On that night the car must be parked elsewhere. All cars parked in a prohibited area will be removed.
ACCOMMODATION IN A HOST FAMILY
In selecting host families, we do not look for luxury and comfort in the material sense but for Italian
families who appreciate receiving foreign students. Additionally, the word "family" should not be
taken too literally, as a family can be "traditional" with children, a single parent or a childless couple
who take in students because they enjoy the company.
You can choose between breakfast and half board (breakfast and dinner). You have your
meals together with the family but you should be aware that Italian eating habits can be rather
different from your own. Breakfast usually only consists of coffee or tea and bread, butter,
marmalade. Dinner is a complete meal served normally at around 8:00 pm.
House rules in host families
Living with a family offers a unique opportunity to become acquainted with the Italian culture and
way of living, but it also requires compromises between the host and you. Therefore there are
some house rules which you must take into consideration:
- Leaving their room presentable;
- Not waking up the family after midnight when returning home;
- Not using any family belongings without permission;
- Not preparing meals by yourself;
- Not doing the laundry by yourself (The use of the washing-machine is not included, but
arrangements may be made between the landlord and you);
- The use of the ironing board is permitted with no extra charge;
- You are allowed to use the common rooms and to receive telephone calls;
- The room (if not closed by key) is cleaned daily.
ACCOMMODATION IN SHARED APARTMENTS
Living in a apartment, together with other foreign or Italian students or with the landlord/landlady, requires maturity but allows you considerable independence. You share with the roommate(s) the bathroom and the kitchen and can cook on your own.
- You share a flat or floor of a house either with other students from Scuola Leonardo da Vinci, with other Italian students or with the owner. Students share the kitchen and the bathroom.
- The apartments are furnished and the kitchens are supplied with all essential kitchen equipment (cutlery, plates, pans etc.).
- You can prepare your meals separately or together with your flatmates and fellow students.
- Electricity, gas water, local costs and taxes are included in the price.
- Bed-linens are provided free of charge and changed every 2 weeks.
- You have to bring your own towels.
- We suggest that you organise some food for the first evening.
- The apartment are not provided with telephones.
- The apartments are cleaned before your arrival. During your stay, you are responsible for the cleaning of your rooms and of the rooms used in common (kitchen and bathroom).
Additional facilities for Extra Comfort Apartments
N.B.: We recommend booking early as there are only a few extra comfort apartments available.
- Our shared extra comfort apartments are of various sizes, each one offering a welcoming and functional atmosphere.
- All appartments are completely renovated and well furnished.
- Kitchen and bathrooms are of high level.
- The linens are changed weekly and the common areas are cleaned on a weekly basis as well.
House-rules for shared apartments
Your are expected to respect the following house-rules:
- To leave the common rooms clean and presentable;
- To wash the dishes after use;
- To throw the garbage in the street containers every day;
- Not to wake your flatmates after midnight when returning home;
- Not to organise "parties" (Parties, especially with people not living in the apartment, are strongly forbidden for insurance and safety reasons, as well as for the tranquillity of the students not taking part and the neighbours.);
- Not to use a vacant bed or room in the apartment;
- Not to invite any "just-made" friends to stay in the apartment;
- To report any damage or technical fault immediately to the school secretary;
- To leave the apartment clean on departure.
ACCOMMODATION IN PRIVATE APARTMENTS
Private apartments are more comfortable than shared apartments and therefore more expensive. They are available for one or more persons. Prices are available on request. Please note that the private apartments must be reserved well in advance and the prices vary depending on the city and season. Scuola Leonardo da Vinci only makes the reservations. Payment has to be made directly to the apartment owner, i.e. we need your 's credit card number to make reservations.
ACCOMMODATION IN HOTELS
We work with Hotels situated close to the schools (basic offer always: bed & breakfast, rooms with
shower or bathroom). Prices are available on request and according to the categories of hotels:
- Lux. cat. (Five-Star-Hotel): all comfort;
- 1st cat. (Four-Star-Hotel): restaurant; bar; rooms with air condition, TV, bath/WC;
- 2nd cat. (Three-Star-Hotel): rooms with air condition, TV, bath/WC;
- 3rd cat. (Two-Star-Hotel): rooms with bath/WC;
- 4th cat. (One-Star-Hotel): rooms with wash basin; bath/WC on the floor.
Generally, we make hotel reservations from the Sunday before the beginning of the course to the
Saturday after the end of the course. Different arrival or departure days on request. Scuola Leonardo
da Vinci only makes the reservations. Payment has to be made directly to the hotel
receptionist, i.e. we need your 's credit card number to make reservations.
ACCOMMODATION IN RESIDENCE
One, two and three-roomed apartments with either two, three or four beds in each; a lounge, a fitted
kitchen area, bathroom with shower, direct dial telephone, air conditioning, television and daily
cleaning services. On request, there are normally the following supplementary services: parking,
breakfast, secretarial services and a safe for valuables. Scuola Leonardo da Vinci only makes the
reservations. Payment has to be made directly to the Residence receptionist, i.e. we
need your's credit card number to make reservations.
ACCOMMODATION COSTS 2013
(min.-max. prices in Euro per person)
kitchen and bathroom
half board (breakfast+dinner)
of all categories, Extra Comfort Shared apartments, Private apartments,
Studios and Residences
may book a single room or a place in a double
available from Sunday after 2 pm before the start of
the course to Saturday (10 am) at the end of the course.
Different arrival or departure days only by special
are provided and changed every two weeks (in the Extra
Comfort Apartments every week). Towels are not provided,
please bring your own towels.
- Host family accommodation: Half-board includes breakfast
and dinner. Remember that you cannot cook on your own.
all accommodations: We need your credit card number
as guarantee deposit to make reservations. Please
note, that we may request a deposit of 100 Euro for
Shared Apartment accommodation to get the keys. This
deposit must be paid in cash or by Traveller's Cheque
at arrival and will be refunded on your departure,
less raparation costs if needed.
- Payment of family and shared-apartment accommodation
must be made immediately upon
arrival in Italy.
- Extra Comfort Apartments, Hotels of all categories,
Private apartments, Studios and Residences: Reservations
should be made well in advance
here to CONVERT prices in your CURRENCY
ACCOMMODATION COSTS for one week only courses
NB: Accommodation costs for 2 and more weeks: please see above
*) Double rooms can be booked only by two participants of a language course travelling together or by a participant accompanied by a friend
|Type of Accommodation
||1 week (6 nights) Euro per person
|Apartment standard (shared kitchen and bathroom)
||place in double room)*
||place in double room)*
|Family, half board (breakfast & dinner)
||place in double room)*
Searching for additional information?
We provide all information on-line, but we also send you our brochure on request. View our useful information and prepare with us your italian language travel vacation.