LEARN ITALIAN IN ROME
Italian Language School in Rome
The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci is situated in the centre of Rome, in the pedestrian area, halfway from the astounding Piazza Navona, Castel S. Angelo and St. Peter Basilica. This area, typically Roman, abounds with charming cafes, shops, boutiques, libraries and a vibrancy found nowhere else in the city.
The school is located in an attractive, elegant typical aristocratic building, where the decoration has some kinds of luxurious touches, with 13 spacious classrooms, full of light, a common room with vending machines, a computer room with free Internet access, a video room, a conference room with capacity, lift, wheelchair accessible and central heating. It is one of the largest schools in Rome.
The office of Scuola Leonardo Italian Language School in Rome is open 10 hours a day (from 8 a.m to 6 p.m, Monday to Friday) , so that you can come whenever you want. You will find our staff ready to help you and solve your problems. A public phone is also available to our students.
All the classes at the Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Italian Language School in Rome are held in nice rooms with large windows and excellent lighting. Inside the classrooms you sit on spacious chairs and there is enough space for a maximum of 12 students per class. The teachers count with different media, such as videotapes, projectors, CD players that allow us to give the students efficient, dynamic and interesting italian classes.
Many people visit us every day making Scuola Leonardo da Vinci a meeting point for the international community in Rome. We have students from more than 90 different countries (45% from Europe, 35 % from America, 10 % from Asia and the remaining 10 % from other countries).
Checkout for our videos on YouTube to discover more about Italy, about learning Italian in Italy and about our school centers in Florence, Milan, Rome and Siena.
We've been protagonist of the bestseller Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: the author was a former student of our school in Rome, while she was writing it. And she talked about her excellent experience at our school.
In 2010 the book has even become a movie with Julia Roberts!
Learn more about our Italian Language school in Rome:
- We respond to your questions and bookings within 24 hours on working days.
- A maximum of 12 students per group for all group language courses.
- You can always extend your course during your stay without any extra administrative costs.
- We guarantee that all students who have studied for 3 consecutive months (12 weeks) in our school will be able to apply for the DILI intermediate exam of the Accademia Italiana di Lingua. They will be able to apply for the DALI advanced exam after 6 months of consecutive studies.
- Our school is certfied for security standards and for access for the disabled.
- Students are insured against any injury they may experience inside the school building, during the activities organised by the school and during their way to school.
- Our school can provide general medical and dental assistance with English-speaking doctors.
- The school secretary is at the service of students for every information. The students can see the secretary whenever they need some extra help.
- On your first course day, you receive a Scuola Leonardo da Vinci student card with which you receive discounts in various museums, restaurants, discos, internet cafés, sports facilities, etc.
- We offer a pick-up service from train stations and airports. You only need to inform us one week in advance of your arrival time and place (and flight or train number).
- Help and advice in case of illness.
- Common room where you can meet with your fellow students.
- Free Internet access.
- Public telephone and Email facilities.
- Free receipt of faxes and emails. Faxes can also be sent from the school for a fee.
Why Us? Why our Italian language school in Rome?
- Founded in 1984, we have years of experience and specialise in teaching Italian in Italy
- School located in the city center
- Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education
- Our Italian School in Rome has obtained the International quality assurance Certificate ISO 9001:200, as a quality school of Italian language for foreigners, and has regular inspections to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Officially recognized by the department of Education of Lazio Region.
- Free Internet access for our students.
- Equipped for handicapped students
- Friendly and helpful staff that give personal attention to each student
- Professional and young teachers all of whom have studied at the University level and who have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners
- Italian at every level, all year round
- Small study groups
- After 1, 3 or 6 months the AIL-exam "Firenze" (Accademia Italiana di Lingua) DELI/DILI/DILC/DALI/DALC can be taken.
- A whole range of activities offered for students to gain insight into the Italian culture
- Variety of students from over 50 countries study at our Scuola Leonardo da Vinci school.
School Association membership
- AIL - Accademia Italiana di Lingua (Diplomas "Firenze")
- ASILS - Association of language schools of Italian as a foreign language
- ELITE - European Federation of Associations for Teaching Mother Tongues
- FIYTO - Federation of International Youth Travel Orgaisations
- ALTO - Association of Language Travel Organisations
- Diploma "Firenze" DELI A1 - AIL (elementary)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILI B1 - AIL (intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILC B1 - AIL (commercial intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILI B2 - AIL (intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DALI C1 - AIL (advanced)
- Diploma "Firenze" DALC C1 - AIL (commercial advanced)
Recognitions / Study Grants / Credits
The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci school in Florence is recognized
by the following US Universities (with undergraduate credits):
- California State University, Sacramento
- Camino College
- University of Colorado at Denver
- Glendale Community College
- Los Angeles Community College District
- City College of San Francisco
- San Francisco State University
- Tahoe Community College
- State University of New York at New Paltz
- Our school collaborate with the Edgewood College (Madison, WI) and the Santa Barbara City College, whereby students registering with us may receive credits at those colleges. Since Edgewood College and Santa Barbara City College are higher educational institutions fully accredited in the United States, these credits will normally be transferable to most American colleges and universities.
JOIN NOW OUR COMMUNITIES
SKYPE CONTACT ITALIAN LANGUAGE SCHOOLS LEONARDO DA VINCI:
Skype name: scuolaleonardodavinci
Sometimes skype can have some problems displaying the user skype status. If you can't read the skype status, try to call us during the office working time (10-18 Rome local time zone - GMT+1): we will answer you!
If you want to be "skyped" by our marketing office, please fill in our skype contact form
(front office, general enquiries, enrollments - languages spoken: English - Deutsch - Français)
(front office, general enquiries, enrollments - languages spoken: English - Español)
Searching for additional information?
We provide all information on-line, but we also send you our brochure on request. View our useful information and prepare with us your italian language travel vacation.