Florence and its surroundings offer a nearly unlimited variety of leisure activities and we guess that attending lessons is not enough for truly learning Italian language. For this reason, every month our cultural department organizes a wide range of activities for our students. The most of activities take place outside the lessons times and are a good occasion for meeting and getting to know other students.
Since their first day in the school, students will receive all the details about our activities and every week the administrative office will announce all the scheduled initiatives and excursions.
We offer leisure activities as well and organise on a regular basis. Every month our school distribute his own calendar of cultural activities. In this way participants will always be well informed concerning exhibitions, concerts, films and other events. For the weekends we hand out special leaflets for individual trips. All students receive a written guide indicating active and passive sporting activities and the secretary's office can also help with the organization of sporting activities.
An example of a monthly activity calendar in Florence
- dinners, which enable teachers and students to get to know each other better
- guided visits in History of Art
- film evenings at school
- day and half-day excursions
- visit to wine cellars
- Day excursion toSiena and San Gimignano or Pisa and Lucca etc.; every 4 weeks, (at cost price).
- Half-day excursion to the vineyards of the "Chianti" area, visit to a winery incl. "merenda" (typical Tuscan afternoon snack); every 4 weeks (at cost price).
- Dinners with the school in a typical Florentine trattoria: students and teachers have a good chance to get to know each other; every 2 weeks after a course begins (at cost price).
- Free guided History of Art tours in Florence: every second or third Saturday after a month from course starting.
- Cinema italiano: every Friday.
- One or two guided museum visits the month (at cost price).
- For the weekends we hand out special leaflets for individual trips to: Elba Island, Cinque Terre, Parco dell'Uccellina, etc..
- All students receive a written guide indicating active and passive sporting activities and the secretary's office can also help with the organization of sporting activities such as volleyball and soccer games.
- Not Enough? Learn more about the city of Florence, about its history and its cultural life and past with About Florence. You will find all the necessary information to visit Florence.