Duration: min. 1 week
Prices: click here
Participants: min. 2 participants; if there should be only one participant, she/he will get 4 lessons instead of 6 lessons in 1 week, 9 lessons instead of 12 lessons in 2 weeks and 18 lessons instead of 24 lessons in 4 weeks.
More information: click here
To enroll: click here
Course centers: Milan - Rome
Scuola Leonardo da Vinci in Milan and Rome offer different kind of Fine Art Courses. You can choose among the following Art fields:
BASIC DRAWING & PAINTING
The course aims to provide an introduction and basic preparation for those students that have a desire to test their artistic qualities. The course is specially designed for people who are facing the visual arts, drawing and painting for the first time. The course syllabus is divided into two modules, the first module is oriented to the techniques and rules of graphic design (drawing), while the second module deals in greater depth the theory and practice of color. Although complementary, the two modules can be attended separately. To follow the single module of painting, it is necessary that the student already has basic knowledge of drawing.
Free hand Drawing:
- The materials for pencil drawing
- The types of hatch
- See and draw the actual shape of the figures
- Copy from the truth
- Copy and drawing in the dark
Technical rules of Prints:
- The ‘Chiaroscuro’
- The full and empty
- Volumes, the drapery, the shadows
- China, Ink, Ecoline, Pen, Pastels, Oil, Wax, Charcoal, colored pencils
- Theory and practice of colour
- Introducition to painting
HISTORY OF ITALIAN FASHION
The course aims to give an overview on how to do fashion in Italy, by analyzing the major components that are making part of it. The main objective of this course is to study all the elements that determine the importance of Italian fashion and define it’s value. Altough the students are provided with a brief overview on the history of Italian fashion and the creation of the pret a portait, the themes of the course are more focused on the Italian fashion system from the 80’s to the present days.
The great names of Italian fashion such as Armani, Versace, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana are explored in greater depth. Short History of Italian Fashion; Introduction to the professions of Fashion; Milan, capital of Italian Fashion
Nota bene: Minimum Italian language level required: A2.
HISTORY OF ITALIAN DESIGN
This course will enable you to study the history of Italian Design and learn about the influence of Italian design in daily life.
- The first decades of the 20th century: How and why the design had its beginnings in Italy; Furniture among artisans and industry; Futurism as freedom of expression.
- The 30s and the 40s: Between rationalism and autonomy - from Terragni to Ferragamo; Changes in style of a nation living under a fascist regime.
- The 50s: Italian design is born - awards and recognition.
- The 60s: Plastic - the exuberance of forms and colours.
- The 70s: Great recognition for aesthetics and technology.
- The 80s: Post-modern - contemporary classical style; Abstraction and new colourings.
- The 90s: Influence and clash of Italian design in daily life.
Nota bene: Minimum Italian language level required: A2