The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci is your window into Rome and all of Italy. It's about following your passions and learning Italian. It will be an unforgettable adventure that takes you through the worlds of art, cooking and Italian fashion.
Central. Located just a few steps from Piazza Navona and a couple of blocks away from Castel Sant'Angelo, the striking Palazzo del Banco di Santo Spirito is home to our school. A mix between ancient ambiance and modern life, where people from different countries and cultures come together with the same guiding passion: to learn Italian.
Organized and interactive. We offer a fully engaged and focused immersion into the Italian language, ranging from 'survival' Italian, to specialized technical or academic language. Whether you choose individual or group classes, you will be able to not only learn but immediately put into practice your colloquial vocabulary and accurate grammar.
Stimulating. The guiding elements of our lessons are communication and interaction. The idea is to not only learn but extensively practice a living, vibrant language. The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci does not offer just teaching of the language, but also extracurricular 'free time' activities that will give you the opportunity to learn experientially about art history, fashion and culinary culture.
Professional. Our reception staff are capable, communicative and always available to help; the teachers are full of energy and exclusively use fun, innovative and effective teaching methods at your service.
More Information about our Italian language school in Rome
- We will respond to your questions and bookings within 24 hours on working days.
- We guarantee a maximum of 14 students per group for all our language courses.
- You can always extend the length of your course after your arrival in Rome without any extra administrative costs.
- We guarantee that all students who have studied for 3 consecutive months (12 weeks) in our school will be able to apply for the DILI intermediate exam of the Accademia Italiana di Lingua. Students will be able to apply for the DILI advanced exam after 6 months of consecutive study.
- Our school has been certified for security standards and accessibility for the disabled.
- Students are insured against any injury they may experience inside the school building, during the activities organized by the school and while on their way to school.
- Our school can provide general medical and dental assistance with English-speaking doctors.
- Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Rome has adopted the ASILS Safe Schools protocol, which imposes procedures to counter and prevent the risks of contagion from COVID-19.
- Our students can take out Guard.me insurance, which is also valid for cancellations. Click here for more detailed information.
- The school secretary is always available for our students to answer any inquiries, give general information related to Rome and our programs, and provide students with any needed help or assistance.
- On your first day of classes, you will receive a Scuola Leonardo da Vinci student card which you can then use to receive discounts at various museums, restaurants, discos, internet cafés, sports facilities, etc. in the surrounding area.
- We offer a pick-up service from train stations and airports. We only ask that you inform us at least one week in advance of your arrival time and place of your flight and/or train itinerary so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Medical help and advice in the case of illness.
- A common room lounge where you can meet with your fellow students.
- Free Internet access.
- Public telephone and Email facilities.
- Free receipt of faxes and emails. Faxes can also be sent from the school for a fee.
Why Us? Why our Italian language school in Rome?
- Since our founding in 1984, we have acquired decades of specialized experience in teaching the Italian language in the heart of Rome
- We are based in a centrally located school in the heart of Rome’s historic center
- The school has been officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education
- Our Italian School in Rome has obtained the International quality assurance Certificate ISO 9001:2008, which is a strong testament to our ranking as a quality school of Italian language for foreigners, as verified through regular inspections to ensure that these high standards are maintained.
- Officially recognized by the department of Education of Lazio Region.
- Certified as a quality school by ASILS, Association of language schools of Italian as a foreign language.
- Free Internet access for our students.
- Accessibility for handicapped students
- Friendly and helpful staff that give personal attention to each student
- Professional and young teachers, all of whom have studied at the University level and who have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners
- Italian at every level, all year round
- Small study groups
- After 1, 3 or 6 months students have the option to take the AIL-exam "Firenze" (Accademia Italiana di Lingua) DELI/DILI/DILC/DALI/DALC .
- Our students are offered a wide range of extracurricular activities to gain unique insight into Italian culture
- Our student body is composed of people from over 50 countries worldwide.
School Association membership
- AIL - Accademia Italiana di Lingua (Diplomas "Firenze")
- ASILS - Association of language schools of Italian as a foreign language
- ELITE - European Federation of Associations for Teaching Mother Tongues
- FIYTO - Federation of International Youth Travel Orgaisations
- ALTO - Association of Language Travel Organisations
- Diploma "Firenze" DELI A1 - AIL (elementary)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILI B1 - AIL (intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILC B1 - AIL (commercial intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DILI B2 - AIL (intermediate)
- Diploma "Firenze" DALI C1 - AIL (advanced)
- Diploma "Firenze" DALC C1 - AIL (commercial advanced)
Recognitions / Study Grants / Credits
The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci in Rome is recognized by the following US Universities (with undergraduate credits):
- California State University, Sacramento
- Camino College
- University of Colorado at Denver
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Chamagne
- Glendale Community College
- Los Angeles Community College District
- City College of San Francisco
- San Francisco State University
- Tahoe Community College
- State University of New York at New Paltz
- Our school collaborates with Edgewood College (Madison, WI) and Santa Barbara City College, so that students registered with us can receive academic credit for their Italian language courses completed through our school. Since Edgewood College and Santa Barbara City College are higher educational institutions fully accredited in the United States, these credits are additionally transferable to most American colleges and universities.
Visit our school in Rome